Monday, August 30, 2010

fast food

Fast Food
When I was young fast food was a way my parents would bribe me into doing things they wanted me to do. They would always tell me if I was behaving and being a good girl they would take me to McDonald's and buy me a happy meal, and I would accept their bribe.



Growing up I did eat a lot of fast food, my mother worked as a nurse and would pick up 18 hour sifts sometimes and my father wasn’t always home so there really wasn’t anybody around to cook for us, my brother would sometimes ride his bike to the nearest fast food joint and pick up food for us.


Till this day, I admit it I still eat fast food, but not as much as before. If I had a choice I wouldn’t eat fast food, its very unhealthy! Having a full load of classes and also hanging out with friends there just isn’t any time to cook home cook meals and if I didn’t buy fast food I wouldn’t have anything to eat. Fast food shouldn’t only be eaten once in a while. I look at our society today and I notice we are a bunch of people that rely a lot on these fast food joints. In addition to relying on fast food, I also see that due to these speedy food services a lot of family’s don’t cook home cooked meals as much anymore. Home cooked meals are a lot healthier, and you know exactly what your eating. When it comes to fast food you have no idea what kind of chemicals are put into your food or what kind of meat is in your burger, it might not even be real meat. I always had this crazy idea that that some places put fake meat into their food. 

6 comments:

  1. And what do you think is in that fake meat? Scary! Love your use of visuals with your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny...read my blog and you'll get a simular picture....but from a different time...I like the pics you used

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture! I guess I'm in the same position as you are. No real home cooked meals at home, no real options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would we do with out fast food, starve!!LOl I can totally understand where your comming from, and wish there was a different way .. PS.. love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha thanks about the pictures, and i don't think i would starve without fast food, i know how to cook, i think a lot of people know how to cook they just don't want to

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents would bribe me too;they would also take me to a fast food resaturant if i would bahave.

    ReplyDelete